Who we are and why we are here:

'He' started out at 450 lbs. 'She' started out at 300 lbs (although had been as high as 330 lbs at one point). Between them they've lost weight, gained weight, and learned a lot along the way.

What you'll find here are our educated thoughts, opinions, and tips for a healthier lifestyle. 'He' minored in psychology, 'she' majored in history - two research heavy fields that have made them both skeptical and able to weed through the sludge in order to find gems. Neither of us is perfect by any means, but as much as possible, we will try not to lead you astray with unfounded, sensational, or fad information.

We are intentionally avoiding fad diets, expensive meal plans, and other extreme (expensive!) weight loss plans.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

When Your Mother Says She's Fat

I know to be careful.  I try to see myself positively every day so that my daughter doesn't intuitively figure out that I know I'm fat, I think I'm ugly, and somehow this automatically makes me stupid and unimportant.  It doesn't matter.  The reality is it's impossible not to feel that sometimes when society makes it 100% clear what the expectations are.

Great article here...

When Your Mother Says She's Fat

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the link to that great article! Do not have that problem either, but I strive to make sure my children realize that what I am doing is for health - not for looks and not for weight. It is hard though because certain phrases, like "do I look fat in this?" are just part of the world. I try to say things, like "does this outfit look well on me?" or "do these clothes coordinate?" or "I do not eat this particular food because I seem to have a bad reaction to it."

    ReplyDelete